In the San Francisco Bay Area a garden is an extension of our home. Our unique weather allows us to spend a lot of time outside during the day and into the night. This is a key element of the social fabric that defines who we are. A landscape designer will assist you in creating a garden that reflects and enhances your unique lifestyle. As one often realizes when attempting to design their garden, this is easier said than done.
What many homeowners lack is a landscape designer’s ability to clearly understand the structure of a garden. Principles such as unity, balance, color, proportion, transition and repetition come into play when designing a garden. Further, designs may include specific features or complicated construction elements that require design experience. Some examples of common issues:
* Choosing the right plants for your growing condition (including soil quality, microclimate, sun pattern, deer resistance, seasonal interest and water needs)
* Decreasing maintenance for you and incorporating sustainability for the environment
* Creating privacy and blocking unwanted views while following local specifications for fire and traffic safety
* Ideally locating design elements including water features, pools, entertaining spaces, lighting and circulation
* Creating gathering spaces or outdoor rooms that reflect the architecture of your home and your personal aesthetic and lifestyle requirements
*A creative flair is also an important factor. The landscape designer must unify the physical opportunities and constraints and create a garden that looks good and works well.
For over 30 years, Lazar Landscape designers have developed gardens that reflect our clients’ lifestyle and are sensitive to the restrictions of our environment. In addition, as part of a Design – Build team, our landscape designers have a strong knowledge of construction techniques and are involved throughout your entire construction project. A very beneficial element to your project when going with a design – build firm.
Our clients include families, couples and individuals with varied needs, wants and budgets. Some are seeking privacy, others want to include their neighbors and increase their connection to the community. Some are avid gardeners, while others would rather not spend time on garden maintenance. It’s our job to come up with solutions to challenging problems in your outdoor space, and make the most of your property so you can take advantage of your unique San Francisco Bay Area lifestyle.
Think Ahead! Considering your next garden project? Construction may slow down in winter, but that’s why this is the best time to get designing! Start planning your project now – so it will be shovel ready in spring – and ready for you to enjoy all summer long. Call Lazar Landscape today to speak with a designer and find out how to move forward. Contact a landscape designer at (510) 444 -5195 to discuss your individual landscape design and construction needs.